Make Up Revolution Vs. Too Faced - Heart Blush


For my birthday last year one of my presents from my boyfriend was the Too Faced Sweetheart blush in 'Candy Glow'. I'd been lusting after it for so long and was so excited to try it, then I came across the I Heart Make Up Blushing Hearts blusher in 'Candy Queen of Hearts' when I was ordering from the TAM Beauty website, you can see my haul here!.  Similar names, similar packaging, massive price difference! I thought i'd do a post for you all comparing the two before you splash out!

Too Faced Blush - £24. // I Heart Makeup Blush - £4.99.

Packaging.
I'm not going to lie, you can tell which one is the expensive on just by looking and feeling the packaging. 
The Too Faced blush packaging is a lot prettier in my opinion, I love the look of the gold against the light pink! It gives it such an expensive look. The I Heart Makeup is much more of a barbie pink with a hot pink foiled title and heart outline!
In terms of the heart shape, the Too Faced blush is certainly a lot more of a defined heart, with the packaging being completely perfect on every curve and in every corner as well as being very sturdy. Whereas the I Heart Makeup blush isn't too defined, it's still a heart shape just not as perfect as the Too Faced one and it's a lot more flimsier! 
Too Faced - 10.   //  I Heart Makeup - 6.
(To harsh?!)


Colour and Pigmentation.
As you can see the colours in both blushers are near enough identical apart from the shades in the I Heart Makeup blush being slightly darker / duller.
The Too Faced blush is very pigmented, the colours come out exactly how they look in the pan. 
However the I Heart Makeup blush is also QITE pigmented, the colours come out a little brighter than how they look in the pan. A lot more like the Too Faced colours.
As you can see below, the Too Faced shades are a tiny bit more pigmented than the I Heart Makeup shades, as well as a lot more glowy. (Is that even a word?!) 
So even though both products are quite pigmented, the Too Faced blush is slightly more pigmented.
Too Faced - 10.  //  I Heart Makeup - 9.

Left - Too Faced  //  Right - I Heart Makeup.

Final Verdict.
Honestly, I don't think there's much difference between the two blushers. Well obviously there is, but not big enough to give them a £19 price difference!
The Too Faced Sweetheart blush looks a lot more expensive, but if you're not bothered about the packaging then this isn't an issue! 
Don't get me wrong I love the Too Faced blush and I love packaging so i'd still go for that one, but since there are only slight differences in the pigmentation I would 100% recommend the I heart Makeup Blushing Hearts blush.
Why splash out when you can pay near enough 1/4 of the price for a dupe so similar?!

Have you ever tried any of these blushes? Which do you prefer?
Let me know in the comments!
    
Don't forget to follow me on social media to keep up to date!


9 comments

  1. Love a good dupe! Both of these look so pretty, the too faced definitely has the better packaging but for the price I think I'd probably go for the Makeup Revolution one - I have one of their baked highlighters and it's so amazing for the price!

    Ellie x

    www.elliesbitsofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely think the Make Up Rev one is so cute especially for the price! I agree it's not as nice as Too Faced but for the price it's amazing! I literally love MUR they keep bringing out such amazing dupes. I loved this post!!!

    Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab review I have been lusting after some too faced products bit this price difference is insane! X
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always considered buying the makeup revolution blusher and after reading this I'm definitely going to add it to my to buy list.

    Dion x

    diondiane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try these! I can't quite decide which I want to actually buy... I love MUR products but at the same time I'm always slightly put off by just how blatantly they copy other companies ha.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to try out the I Heart Makeup one next time I'm in Superdrug! I'm glad that it's such a good dupe since the Too Faced one is more than I'm willing to pay for a blush. I can take the slight quality dip and the worse packaging for that difference in price.

    Thanks for the informative review!

    Beccah xx
    thehonestolive.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the heart blushes from I <3 make up, I have the icy hearts one and it doubles as a pretty highlight too <3

    Kisses and Love
    Jazziepickles xoxo
    www.jazziepickles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete